I started blogging over at The Great Green North back in 2007. At the time I was a PhD candidate, working away on my dissertation, and I figured starting a research blog would help me to organize my thoughts.
I recently created this new website, and have started to blog here. As such, I've decided to shutter The Great Green North. The old blog served its purpose well, and managed to generate some decent traffic -- as of today it has received 66,163 page views.
Although I will no longer be updating The Great Green North, I have transferred the old blog posts to the new site. Here are the most popular posts from The Great Green North, as determined by page views:
- "A Timeline of the Environmental Movement in Canada?" (Originally published May 16, 2010)
- "Marshall McLuhan's Critique of the Environmental Movement" (Originally published February 8, 2011)
- "Dissertations, postdocs, and acid rain" (Originally published January 18, 2011)
- "Timelines and the Environmental Narrative in Canada" (Originally published January 26, 2011)
- "Eco-Images and the Canadian Environmental Movement" (Originally published August 12, 2013)
- "Brian Mulroney and the Environment" (Originally published June 27, 2011)